When the roof of the 65th floor was cast at 42 chowringhee in Kolkata earlier this month , it became the tallest building in India , pipping the Imperial in south Mumbai.
Overlooking the Maidan and the Hooghly river , it has reshaped Kolkata’s skyline dwarfing buildings like Tata Centre , Chatterjee international and everest house that had dominated the skyline for over five decades .
The skyline behind science City off EM byepass is also changing dramatically with a cluster of three high profile projects two residential and one commercial in various stages of development.
TOP 10 TALLEST BUILDINGS IN INDIA
- The 42 – Kolkata – 268m
- The imperial -Mumbai -256m
- Ahuja Towers – Mumbai – 248.5m
- One Avighna Park-Mumbai-247 m
- Lodha Altamount-Mumbai-240m
- Auris Serenity-Mumbai-235m
- Two ICC-Mumbai-223.2m
- World Crest-Mumbai-222.5m
- Lodha Vanezia A -Mumbai-213.5m
- Lodha Bellissimo Tower-Mumbai-197.5m