Top Post

FOBs plan on Thane-Belapur road scrapped

The NMMC has cancelled its plans to build two FOBs near Turbhe railway station on Thane Belapur road . Instead of FOBs the civic body will now construct a flyover in the area. The cost of the project has been pegged at Rs 24 crore . The two FOBs were collectively worth Rs 5.62 crore. The civic body however will ... Read More »

Dial 1800-227-201 to complain about garbage in Panvel

Is there a Heap of unpicked garbage outside your home? You can call the toll free number to report this. After introducing 46 GPS enables garbage vans in November last year , Panvel city Municipal Corporation has come up with toll free number to ensure effective garbage collection in node. Residents can now dial toll free number 1800-227-201 to report ... Read More »

‘Track trains’ location on your phone by August

Passengers travelling on CR will be able to track live location of Local trains on their smart phone by August . CR has recently awarded a tender to a company to install global positioning system devices on local trains. The company will also develop a mobile application through which commuters will be able to view the live location of the ... Read More »

For unclogging Mumbai cops turn to tech

The city will soon have a state of the art traffic management system in place at 617 junctions across the city. With Intelligent Traffic Management system in place , Mumbai roads will see an overhaul with more than 4000 new signals as well as dynamic signage , adaptive software and specialized cameras to de-congest traffic and monitor violations. The ITMS ... Read More »

Work on e-way bypass starts , Reach Pune 20 mins faster

After initial hurdles related to land acquisition , construction work on the 13.3 kilometer bypass road between Khopoli and Kusgaon on the Pune Mumbai expressway has finally started. Once completed , commuters will be able to skip traffic snarls and save at least 20 minutes on their journey between the two cities. The MSRDC appointed Hyderabad based firm Navyug Construction ... Read More »

Underground parking policy viable only in posh areas

The BMC , as part of the accommodation reservation scheme under the new development control regulation , allows developers to construct a building on 30% of a plot after consuming its developable potential and hand over the remaining 70% to the BMC as public open space. To make it more attractive for builders , the BMC has now added another ... Read More »

Start small when you buy your first house

Owning a house is on the wishlist of most people. This wish, however , can lead to trouble, if finances need to be stretched to fulfil it. But postponing the purchase till one accumulates the necessary funds can also be costly. So, what does one do? Well, there ‘s a third option : affordable housing . A starter home-affordable, smaller ... Read More »

NMMC plans Rs 5.50 crore facelift to make Palm Beach Rd Most Beautiful in MMR

To beautify the Palm Beach Road, NMMC has decided to develop a separate irrigation system road. The civic body will develop small gardens on both side of the road to make it look more attractive and green. Also a variety of trees will be planted between the dividers. The civic body has set aside Rs 5.50 crore for the project ... Read More »

Panvel Civic body starts compiling property tax

The Panvel civic body has started compiling data of property owners to collect property tax. The housing societies have been served with forms to fill in property related information such as property owner’s name , shop’s name , tenant and rent details, size of flat and contact details. The PCMC general body has already approved a proposal to impose property ... Read More »

BKC to Chunabhatti commute to get 3 km shorter by July end

Motorists will soon be able to travel from Bandra Kurla Complex to Chunabhatti on the Eastern Express Highway from July-End. This week , the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) completed a crucial phase for 1.6 km project and launched six girders above the tracks near Sion and Chunabhatti. The work was undertaken in blocks alloted by the Railways between ... Read More »